The stories of an engineer, a stay-at-home mom, a crazy little boy and a girl who's full of spice.

Monday, February 22, 2010

Vancouver

For those of you who don't know...
We just got home from the 2010 Olympics! Vaughn and Guy were on their very own bobsled team. Pampers was the sponsor. I was keeping it under wraps until after their performance so that they wouldn't have as many nerves to deal with! Of course they didn't let us down! They went for the gold and got it! Hopefully the Jordan bobsled team will be back in 2014 (or tonight if Vaughn gets his way).
Loading up. This part is vital to a good run. Vaughn thought that fewer clothes resulted in a more aerodynamic shape and therefore a faster run. Who are we to judge?
Discussing strategy. Dad pulls, Vaughn holds still. He tipped a few times during the practice runs and was very good at giggling while not shifting his weight.
They gained the lead (and speed) in the turn-around. I think the wood floor helped.
He makes this look easy!
After his run. He was tired but had that Olympic glow!

Here he is with his gold medal! He looks so modest. I am so proud of him. (It may or may not be a broken tape measure.)

6 comments:

Sarah said...

haha, how fun!

Em said...

How fun, so cute!

Beth Bro Howard said...

Yes! Hearty congratulations!! I'm familiar with Team Pampers ... they are a sponsor of the Senior Olympics, too!

ksteve said...

Way too cute! Tell them congrats for me, such a big accomplishment!

Unknown said...

Oh my heart! That is too cute! We've been having Wii olympics around here!

jlm said...

I love your blog in general, and this Olympics posting is my favorite so far. You have SOME talent. And Vaughn is absolutely adorable.

By the way, I completely understand and have lived through the "mom's curse." I think even John can understand it a bit: when he gets home late from work and the boys are already asleep, he'll somewhat jokingly ask, "Is it okay if I wake them up?"