The stories of an engineer, a stay-at-home mom, a crazy little boy and a girl who's full of spice.

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Big Boy Bed!

It is not usually like me to blog two days in a row but today I am making an exception. Last night we had a huge milestone! For the first time EVER, Vaughn slept in his new big boy bed!
We bought him a bed a couple weeks ago (my first Craig's List purchase). I knew that we were coming to need it because when I was staying with Guy's sister Vaughn was able to escape the pack-and-play. However, he has never gotten out of his crib so I was not in a huge hurry to make the transition. Guy and I decided that we would wait until he had a weekend home so if the transition resulted in an all-nighter we could share the sleeplessness.
Last night we put Vaughn to bed as usual. We were in the living room listening to him talk to himself while we folded laundry. Then...a big boom followed by crying! I was so worried because I knew that sound meant that Vaughn had just escaped his crib. He was fine (I checked all of his bones for breaks) but I didn't want to take the risk again so we pulled out the big boy bed! I am so glad that we had it ready to go so that we could move it in quickly. It is also a toddler bed so he can keep the same mattress from his crib. After we got his bed set up we layed him down and explained to him that it was time for bed and left the room. We sat in silence for about 10 minutes (not wanting to talk for fear of jinxing it) and then I couldn't take the suspense any longer so I went to check on him. This is what I found:

I am very proud of Vaughn for falling asleep so quickly and adjusting to the change so well. We didn't exactly have a full nights sleep but I think it was a very successful start. Tonight Guy is taking the crib down and putting it in storage for a while.
Before we decided to turn in for the night I checked on Vaughn one more time...

6 comments:

Kara said...

What a handsome precious sleeper. I love the bed!

Sarah said...

Sweet! Glad it worked out so well. Love the pictures, too. Sleeping kids are the cutest.

Em said...

That is awesome that he did so well for you. He is getting so big, I still think of him as a baby in my head though.

Aspen said...

What a good boy! You are such a great mama!!

The Merkleys said...

WOW! That is amazing!

Hoss.Rose.MiniB said...

How adorable! And FYI kids should be saying 2 words combos by 2yrs of age so 3 word combos is fabulous for 22 months.