The stories of an engineer, a stay-at-home mom, a crazy little boy and a girl who's full of spice.

Monday, February 15, 2010

Baby Take a Bite of My Big Red Dinner!

Yesterday was Valentine's Day and I wanted to make it very special for my favorite boys. While everything didn't go exactly as planned, (Guy had to go to work for a couple hours and I had some other stuff that took me away for a bit) it still turned out WONDERFULLY!!
I had been planning all week to make a red dinner for Guy and Vaughn. My friend Cindy had a picture of a similar dinner she had done on her blog and I was super impressed so I decided to copy her!

I tried to make everything either red or pink. When you look at the table it is a little overwhelming! The menu consisted of:

A caprese salad

Manicotti

Homemade pink lemonade

A strawberry cake

After dinner the boys got to open their cards and presents. Guy's present was delayed in shipping because of all of the snow so I wrapped some Reese's hearts for him. Vaughn got a red devil that dances to the song, "Do You Love Me?". It was so fun!


We were too full to eat the cake last night so we will have to chow down tonight. Here are some more pictures of our night:

Our family sitting down to eat

Vaughn isn't used to getting his picture taken when he prays (hence the look on his face) but I had to capture him asking us to pray before dinner! He is learning so much so fast and picking up on everything we do (good or bad).

My boys enjoying some bubbly (well, lemonade in bubbly glasses).

6 comments:

Sarah said...

hahaha, I love that last picture of Vaughn! Fun idea, I think I might copy you next year.

Hoss.Rose.MiniB said...

Looks like Vaughn wants to be just like his Dadddy! Too Cute!

AJ and Cindy said...

Love it! I am glad you could do something so fun! I see you found the dollar store goblets as well :)

Em said...

Looks like it turned out great

Aspen said...

You are so festive all the time!! I want some of your energy!! It's a super cute table!!

Unknown said...

SO fun! And what a great idea! Your boys look happy about it too!