The stories of an engineer, a stay-at-home mom, a crazy little boy and a girl who's full of spice.

Thursday, July 21, 2011

God has a plan for me...

So much has changed in our lives the last 6 months. I have been amazed at how easy the transition has been. We have been in a little apartment. A new town that is busy, busy, busy with new people. A HUGE ward at church that is difficult to navigate. Few friends. No family nearby. Guy has been busy and stressed at work. Yet, it has been so peaceful for us. Life has been running rather smoothly. I keep waiting for a hiccup or set-back but nothing seems to come. Even on my hard days I am able to smile and laugh. I owe it to a lot of things, like my wonderful husband and Aspen Larsen. I couldn't have done it without my kids. I am so blessed to have them. I love being a mother. They keep me company and keep me busy and provide me with utter joy. But lately I have realized that I owe it to my Heavenly Father. He has a plan for us and I know that plan included taking us here. I know that he has comforted us whenever things got hard and lifted our burden so that we didn't feel it. Tonight I feel compelled to work harder on building a relationship with Him and work on strengthening my daily "gospel" habits. I know that life cannot always be this easy so I know that I need to have a strong support system ready for when this happens. I hope that this didn't ramble too long for any of you but I felt like I needed to share it tonight...

6 comments:

Kara said...

You are such a sweetheart, and you always have such a good attitude. I need to be more like that.

P.S. The second picture is to die for. What cutie pies!

The Hammonds said...

I LOVE the picture of Vaughn spider crouched on Guy's back! Hilarious!

Anonymous said...

You have such a beautiful testimony. Thanks for sharing your feelings, it has actually made me realize I need to work on it to and need to recognize all my blessings! You are an amazing woman and mother and wife!!! Seriously love the picture of the kids lying down next to each other..

Kate said...

Thanks for that! It was definitely something I needed to hear today :)

Aspen said...

Cute post!! We are so glad you are here!

The Merkleys said...

Your kiddos are the cutest little things ever! I wish we could see you guys more. I love your attitude toward life!