The stories of an engineer, a stay-at-home mom, a crazy little boy and a girl who's full of spice.

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Time Out?

I have been trying my hardest to put Vaughn in time out when he does things that are dangerous, mean or otherwise too mischievous for my taste. Yesterday he was climbing on Grandma Do's table and holding for her very fragile mosaic bowl. I decided that this warranted time out. Vaughn, however, had a different take on the matter and laughs hysterically whenever I try any form of punishment.

It has been really hard for me to discipline him for a few reasons:

1) No one, including Vaughn, takes me seriously when I am mad.

2) He is still so young that I can't decide what deserves time out and what is just a kid being a kid.

3) He is too stinkin' cute!

I feel so lucky to have such an adorable child and hope that he remembers these kind of time outs and not the ones when he is screaming and kicking! I have a very cute video of this on my phone but it does not upload to the blog. If you want to see it let me know and I can email it to you!

2 comments:

Em said...

Timeouts are rough I think most parents experience this dilema at this age. It was hard for me to choose what warranted a timeout and what didn't. Usually if she threw a fit over something i gave her timeout, I think it depends on the parent and what they think is worth a timeout, he will get it and it will become a little easier as he gets older. It is hard when communication is limited. Good luck, it is hard.

Hoss.Rose.MiniB said...

Once again, I have no experience disciplining yet, but good luck. My nephew recently got sent to time out and after it was over my brother asked him why he had to go to time out, just to refresh the lesson learned and my nephew said "What are you talking about Daddy?"