The stories of an engineer, a stay-at-home mom, a crazy little boy and a girl who's full of spice.

Sunday, December 6, 2009

Missing Husband

I just thought that I should tell everyone that when Guy is gone I refer to him as "Rodeo Man." I like to pretend that he is out there trying for his 8 second ride. It seems to make the time go by a little faster because I can relate more country songs to our relationship. Also, I pretend his bonus checks are prize money. However, he has been gone way too long this time. I have been singing "I Can Still Make Cheyenne". Don't get me wrong, I am not ready to leave Guy but it sure is hard to be married to a rodeo man. Our big house is too much for just me and Vaughn. Since it doesn't seem to be changing any time soon I think I will nail a horseshoe above our door and keep that jukebox playing those country songs.
Luckily for me I can make this fantasy come to life every summer for Frontier Days. Usually, Guy will oblige and put on some pearl snaps. Last summer he even asked if I had packed his cowboy boots! So, when y'all are ready to kick back with me and enjoy some good 'ole country livin', please come visit. I have been gettin' rather lonely!


2 comments:

Hoss.Rose.MiniB said...

Love all the photos! So cute and you look gorgeous! I am sorry you have to miss Guy, being apart is the worst! Hang in there!

Aspen said...

You are hilarious!! Love your guts!!!