The stories of an engineer, a stay-at-home mom, a crazy little boy and a girl who's full of spice.

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Announcing...

Adora Rosalie Jordan
November 18, 2010
8:28 a.m.
6 pounds, 13 ounces
20 1/2 inches long

I know this post is really late but I have had my hands full! LITERALLY! I can't put this little girl down. She is so tiny and so fun to hold. She likes to cuddle so as soon and she is in my arms she wiggles closer to me and falls asleep. She is a great baby and hardly ever cries. She is very quiet and content. Her brother absolutely LOVES her!

I don't have a very exciting birth story but people have asked...all I can say is that scheduled c-sections are intense! I was so nervous leading up to the actual procedure that I didn't sleep for TWO DAYS! By the time we were at the hospital I couldn't stay awake any more. So, even though I only had a spinal tap as far as drugs go I slept through most of the surgery. Guy kept waking me up to keep me posted on what was going on and to hold her once she was out. If I had a choice I would like to go into labor naturally even though I know I will be having a c-section.

Also, since many people have wondered...She will be called Rosalie. It is a tradition on my mom's side of the family to name the first daughter "Adora". Most of us have always gone by a nickname, for example: I am "Adora Margaret". My mom is "Adora Ann" but she goes by "Do" (pronounced doe). My grandmother was "Adora Lou" and was called "Lulu". Miss Rosalie is the 7th Adora. While I have mixed emotions about this tradition (why don't we just give people the name that they will be called???), we decided that we would carry it on for now because it was very important to my mom. If it continues to bug me we will probably change it in a year.

Hopefully I will post more as I get more comfortable with being a mother of two. It is fabulous to have another person in this world to love. She is everything I could have asked for and more. How did I get so lucky???

6 comments:

The Merkleys said...

I love "Adora"! And I love that it is a 7th Generation thing. That is amazing! She is beautiful, just like her mother! I hope all is well at the Jordan house. We miss you all, keep us posted on the move to ND. Good Luck.

Em said...

I have been waiting for a post. I love the picture of her in the hospital with her little bow, she is a cutie.

Unknown said...

She is beautiful! She makes me even more excited for my lil' guy to arrive! I just want to snuggle her! :)

Sarah said...

That's a pretty neat tradition, I think. If it were an ugly name it would be a different story. I was actually thinking in the shower this morning (at 5:30am, because I can't ever sleep anymore) of asking you how you would feel if I stole it, if we have a third daughter. I love it. Rosalie is very pretty too. Matches the girl. I love all the pictures you have of her sleeping - it's so hard not to take multiples of that same cute sleep face!

Mitch, Manda, and the girls said...

I love the pictures! I didn't know about your little tradition. That is really neat and something she can always tell a good story about. I can't wait to have my own little baby to snuggle with. Toddlers don't snuggle so well any more.

Kate said...

Man! Look at that gorgeous head of hair! She is absolutely beautiful and I think Adora Rosalie fits her perfectly. Congrats again!