The stories of an engineer, a stay-at-home mom, a crazy little boy and a girl who's full of spice.

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Blessed!

Today I am feeling very blessed! For 9 months I have had the joy, privilege and blessing of carrying another human being with me every where I go. She has been my constant companion and reminded me daily how lucky I am. I have tried not to complain or wish her out (which didn't always happen). It is a strange feeling to know that she will be outside of me tomorrow. It is a bittersweet feeling. I can't wait to meet her! I remember feeling this with Vaughn but not as strong. I love having her inside because it feels like I can protect her.
As I have mentioned before, I am sad to be changing my relationship with Vaughn. He and I are so close and I am not ready for that to change. I don't want to share him and I know that he will have to make a big adjustment to sharing me! Today he has been talking a lot about his baby sister. I know he will make a great big brother and, in the long run (probably even the short run), he will benefit from having a sibling.
Sorry there are no pictures today...Just me being overly emotional and wondering if my house will ever be this quiet again?

6 comments:

Kara said...

Oh Maggie. I can so relate to how you are feeling and after reading your post, I felt as if I were right back there again. I remember laying in bed with Katelyn the night before I was to be induced with Jacob. I held her and cried for a long time. I felt bad for it too because I was hoping Jacob wasn't up there seeing me be sad. It such a mixed emotion that no one else can understand but us moms. But trust me when I say it will work out. Somehow even though your time will now be divided, your love won't... in fact it will multiply. I'm not going to sugar coat it and say there won't be rough times because there will, but it is so fun to expand a family and watch relationships develop and grow. I'll be praying for and thinking about you. Love ya! Good Luck!

Em said...

I am excited for you, I can't wait to see her either, I will seriously be coming as soon as I can. I know what you mean though about kind of not wanting the family dynamics to change, I have similar feelings. But I am sure once she is here it will be like it was with Vaughn, you can't remember what it was like without her and it will just feel normal.

5 Walls and Counting said...

Thanks Maggie, you just made me a little more excited about our new arrival in January. You, Guy, Vaughn and little Maggie Jr. have been on my mind and in my prayers all day long. I am so happy for you; we are so excited to meet Jordan number four!

Sarah said...

:D I just got the text and picture from Guy. Great name, and I love all that hair! SOOO happy for you guys.

On another note, I hadn't really thought about things changing between Avery and me and you bringing that issue up has me bawling. Changes changes changes.

The Merkleys said...

Oh Maggie, I hope all goes well and i cannot wait to see pictures of little Vaughn holding her! Congrats!

ksteve said...

Can't wait to meet little Rosalie! She's gorgeous :) Love you guys!