The stories of an engineer, a stay-at-home mom, a crazy little boy and a girl who's full of spice.

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

A long time coming...

Last night I opened my blog and I saw that my last post was September 1st! I couldn't believe it! I have been a terrible blogger. I get so frustrated when I want to know what is going on with someone and they haven't updated their blog. I guess that makes me a big fat hypocrite!
So much has been happening! My parents came to visit, our kitchen was renovated, Rosalie started crawling and Vaughn has been having a lot of fun!
I am having a heck of a time trying to get my photos to work today so I will just have to write and then you can look at all the pictures at the end. Sorry.
My parents had been planning a trip for a long time. It finally worked with everyone's schedule for them to come up so they could see our new house (and of course, their grandkids)! Vaughn absolutely adores them. It took Rosalie a while to warm up but once she did she only wanted them and I was pretty much useless!
Rosalie turned 11 months old and I am just praying that this next month goes by slowly because I can't imagine her being a whole year old! She is crawling and pulling herself up to stand! She tries to talk which is about the cutest this ever! She loves to sing whenever she hears music which makes the day fun and church very interesting! She and Vaughn are best friends and can play together for hours at a time. She loves Guy and refuses to be anywhere but in his arms when he is home. She loves to eat just about anything we put in front of her. She is very tall for her age and weighs a little over 20 pounds. She is very independent and curious during the day. She likes to do her own thing and explore the house which gets her into a few predicaments as the picture below shows!
We are all geared up for Halloween. Vaughn begged me to decorate so our house is full of ghosts, bats and spiders! I even put lights on the outside! Last weekend we went to buy pumpkins. Guy wanted to try to the fake carve-able pumpkins because he is always so proud of his pumpkin and he hates to throw it away. They actually turned out pretty well. The only downside is lighting them up because you can't use fire and we haven't found any lights that are bright enough!
I suppose the reason I have been so bad about blogging is because Guy's brother, Nate, died. It just feels weird to blog and not write about him but I don't really know what to say. He found out that he had leukemia and fought a good, hard fight for about five months! He was so young and had 2 young girls (one Rosalie's age) and a beautiful wife. I feel so blessed for our health and wonderful family but I also feel discouraged. The longer I live the sadder life seems. There is so much sickness and tragedy. I am fearful for what could happen to my family. I know that I shouldn't feel this way and I am sure it will pass but seriously, life is sad! He was only 33! I promise to be better about blogging because I want to record our stories and hopefully my next post will be a little more upbeat!

4 comments:

Kathryn said...

Oh how gorgeous is that last picture. Gorgeous! I love the pumpkins, they turned out great.
So sorry to hear about Guys brother. We went through the same thing with my brother in law and he was 29. It just seems that we will not figure out why such tragic things happen, makes no sense in this life. I pray and have hope that faith will carry us all, especially those wives and children left behind. You will have to post pics of your kitchen!!

The Johnsons said...

Oh, I miss you guys! The kiddos are getting so big! I'm with you on the whole blogging thing....I have a really hard time keeping it updated. It's so fun to see what you guys are up to!

Em said...

So glad to see a post from you. Love the pumpkins they look great and the kids look so cute in their costumes.

MaKell Bulloch said...

You're kiddos look so cute in their halloween costumes!!