The stories of an engineer, a stay-at-home mom, a crazy little boy and a girl who's full of spice.

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Too Young to be Two!


I can't believe that this little guy is TWO!!! It seems like just yesterday I found out that I was pregnant with him. I can barely remember my labor/delivery! In most ways it seems like he has been in our lives forever. I don't know what I ever did without him! We are so lucky!


We had a birthday lunch Guy at his work and then Vaughn's favorite for dinner! He loves spaghetti! In case you are wondering why it took me so long to blog about this I have an excuse. After the spaghetti we went out for ice cream and Vaughn got SO sick! He threw up all over the ice cream place and continued to puke the entire night! On Tuesday I took him to the doctor and she gave him a miracle pill which stopped the throwing up for a few hours. We gave him another one that night but when Wednesday rolled around he was sick again! I felt so bad for him and called the doctor again. When she examined him she was afraid that it might be appendicitis and sent us to the hospital in Rock Springs! After a long visit there they determined that it wasn't his appendix. They ran a few more tests and couldn't find a reason for his sickness so they sent us home! Luckily, my parents were able to come out and help that night because Guy was gone! By Thursday he seemed a lot better. And by Saturday he was back to normal which was lucky because we had his birthday party planned that day!

We had a "construction" theme this year because Vaughn is really into trucks and tractors (this is what he calls all of the equipment)!

He loves to hit things with sticks so I thought a pinata would be a big hit. Unfortunately, he wasn't too keen on breaking the truck but there were plenty of other kids there who were more than willing.


He made out like a bandit as far as presents go! Thanks to everyone who was so generous with him!

I took this picture today and couldn't resist sharing it! This week he seems to have grown up so much. He is talking in full sentences and is so polite. He has a great sense of humor and loves to make us laugh. He always wants to go outside! He loves animals and feeds the birds! It seems like it took him a while to interact with other kids but he is finally wanting to play with them more often. He asks about his friends when they are away and can recognize them in pictures! I really don't know how I got so lucky. I am truly blessed with a great husband and son!

7 comments:

Kara said...

What a cool cake! Happy Birthday Vaughn!

Sarah said...

So he's back to normal then? Poor little fella - and poor you. Two years has gone by quick!

ksteve said...

Aww! Adorable! I'm sorry he was sick though...no fun. Can't wait to see you guys next month!

Love you! :0)

jlm said...

Thanks for sharing the birthday photos. I love the cake! I can't believe Vaughn is 2.

Jackie has apparently had the same stomach virus, and it's a bad one. I just keep hoping the rest of us don't get it. It has dragged on and on.

Jessica & Paul said...

He is so adorable! Its amazing how when you have kids time just fly's! Lets just hope the sicky season is over for a while!

Hoss.Rose.MiniB said...

Holy Cow, Hoss and I both said V looks like an all out kid now. He looks so tall, I love the pic with his hand in his pocket, he looks just like his dad.

Em said...

I wish i could have been there for the party, but I am glad Paiglee and D could go. The cake is pretty neat, and the picture with his hand in his pocket holy cow, he is like a little cut out of his dad.